Milena Celentano, Esq.
Milena Celentano obtained her undergraduate degree from New York University in 2009, where she received her Bachelor of Science. Ms. Celentano later attended Thomas Jefferson School of Law on a merit scholarship, where she graduated at the top of her class (cum laude) in 2014.
Ms. Celentano’s practice currently focuses primarily on family matters, including divorce, legal separation, nullity, domestic violence, paternity and parentage. More specifically, Ms. Celentano has extensive experience, both in and out of the courtroom, resolving and/or litigating issues related to child custody and visitation, property division, child and spousal support, move-away matters and jurisdictional issues. A tactful, yet aggressive litigator, Ms. Celentano has experience personally managing cases from initiation through resolution.
While attending law school, Ms. Celentano served as the Student Bar Association President of her school, was a Senior Editor of the Law Review and earned the CALI Excellence Award in recognition of obtaining the top grade in Evidence. In addition, Ms. Celentano was selected as a lead competitor for the school’s National Trial Team, where she was able to hone her litigation skills by competing in several competitions across the country. In addition to her extracurricular involvement, throughout law school, Ms. Celentano interned at a prominent criminal law defense firm and worked as a Teaching Assistant, helping first year students strengthen their legal writing and research skills. In recognition of her academic achievements, Milena was named a Dean’s Scholar and was the recipient of the Who’s Who Among Students in American Universities and Colleges Award.
As a practicing attorney, Ms. Celentano has continued to actively participate in the legal community. Ms. Celentano was recently named an Executive Board Member of the California Young Lawyers Association (CYLA), where she acts as the liaison to the Law Practice Management and Technology Section of the California Lawyers Association (CLA). In addition, Ms. Celentano has served two (2) consecutive terms for the San Diego County Bar Association’s (SDCBA) as a Family Law Leadership Section as the New Attorney Member at Large and has actively served as the Executive Board Secretary and Member of the Board of Directors for the Thomas Jefferson School of Law Alumni Association.
As a result of her involvement, efforts and achievements, Milena was recently selected as a 2019 Rising Star by the San Diego Super Lawyers.
- State Bar of California (2015) – Member
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California (2015) – Member
- New York University, Bachelor of Science, (May 2009)
- Thomas Jefferson School of Law, Juris Doctor, cum laude, (May 2014)
Ms. Celentano was born and raised in New York. Immediately after graduating from New York University and prior to attending law school in San Diego, Ms. Celentano spent two (2) years in New York working as a copywriter for a well-respected advertising agency. While she enjoyed her work in this field, Ms. Celentano could not ignore her desire to become and attorney. After thoughtful consideration, Ms. Celentano decided to relocate to California and attend law school.
As a family law attorney, Ms. Celentano has a great appreciation and understanding for just how overwhelming this process can be and enjoys working closely with her clients to help reduce the stress and burden on her clients during a time of great stress.
- California Young Lawyers Association (CYLA) – Executive Member (August 2018 – present).
- California Lawyers Association (CLA), Law Practice, Management & Technology Section – CYLA Liaison (August 2018 – Present).
- Thomas Jefferson School of Law Alumni Association – Secretary of the Executive Board (January 2018 – January 2019) & Member of the Board of Directors (2016 – 2019).
- San Diego County Bar Association (SDCBA) – Family Law Section Leader – Member at Large & New Attorney Member (January 2017 – December 2019).
- San Diego Family Law Bar Association – Member.
- Foothills Bar Association – Member.
Professional & Academic Recognition:
- 2019 Rising Star, San Diego Super Lawyers.
- Jefferson Scholar; Dean’s Scholarship Recipient
- Who’s Who Among Students in American Universities & Colleges Award Recipient – 2014.
- Jurisprudence Award: Federal Evidence (2012) (“CALI Excellence for the Future Award”)